Skip to main content Skip to footer

Additional Information

The MDS Guidelines were developed to help eliminate conflicts between agricultural and non-agricultural uses arising from the nuisance of odours.  A request for a MDS report may be submitted to the Township Development Services Department.  Only those MDS reports prepared by a Land Use Planning Consultant will be used in support of development proposals.

Whenever possible, the Township shall attempt to widen Township roads to a minimum of 20 meters on local roads and 26 meters on all major roads.  When the road which provides access to lands is not of sufficient width, any approval granted to a planning application, could be conditional upon the owner conveying lands to the Township to provide for this desired road width.

All requests for closing a municipal road allowance are administrated through the Development Services Department.  The application fee is $500.00 plus the cost of land.  A written request must be presented to Council explaining the reasons in support of the request. Notice of this request is circulated to abutting land owners and a Public Hearing is required.  

If you are either buying, selling or mortgaging a property, you may need a letter of zoning compliance. Or, your lawyer may need to obtain a letter on your behalf. No problem - we can assist you. To obtain a letter of zoning compliance, please complete a Zoning Compliance Request Letter, and submit with payment  of $100.00 to our Development Services department.

Sign up to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the Township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.